PATHWAYS completed its 2016-2017 academic year Game Changers program with 32 schools across Israel, paired into 16 duos. Over 640 high school students (20 per school) took part in a transformational two-day negotiation skills workshop, meeting and learning a problem-solving approach to negotiation, in English, with students from another school and background.
The program was supported by the U.S. Embassy in Israel, Darca Schools, ORT, and Amal Group.
2016 – 2017 Game Changers: Participating Schools / Pairs
- Albashaer School of Science, Sakhnin & Misgav High School, Misgav
- St Georges HS, Lod & Rabin HS, Mazkeret Batya
- Al Qassemi, Baqa el-Garbiya & HaAmit HS, Rishon LeZion
- Ebn Alhaitham Comprehensive School, Baqa el-Garbiya & Sharet Netanya, Netanya
- Deir el-Asad Comprehensive, Deir el-Asad & Science and Arts, Nahariya
- Iksal High School, Iksal & Nir Ha’Emek, Afula
- Chrysostomus Secondary School, Jish & Nofarim B’Galil, Tiberias
- Amal HaDekalim Tel Sheva, Tel Sheva & Achvah, Dimona
- Al Najah School Rahat & Gymnasia Darca Kiryat Malachi
- Maxim Levy Darca, Lod & Yousef Shaheen Multidisciplinary, Taibeh
- Shaked Darca, Sde Eliyahu & Al Galil HS, Nazareth
- Darca Begin, Gedera & Ibn Sena, Kfar Kassem
- Darca Ramon, Gedera & Al Noor High School Hura
- ORT Bustan El Marj & ORT Lilinthal, Ramla
- ORT Hilmi Shafei, Akko & ORT Binyamina
- Amal, Qalansawa & Amal, Petach Tiqvah
“A negotiation is really about conflict resolution; there isn’t a winning or losing side. Through a negotiation we try to figure out how to solve problems in a way that both side are satisfied, we try to solve problems in peaceful ways.”
“This is a concept that is very closely associated with the political world but is relevant to everyone. It happens everywhere and at any time.”
“I thought it’s a perfect chance to train and improve my speaking skills in English”.
“It (the program) highlights how meaningful learning should be done and inspires me as a teacher to adopt the active nature of the workshops in my own lessons.”
“It is one of the all-time best educational programs I’ve ever participated in.”