Apply Erickson's theory to conflict management skills
TIME REQUIRED IN CLASSROOM
LEAD-IN / PREP
Erickson's theory: https://www.simplypsychology.org/Erik-Erikson.html
The 7 elements of negotiation from “Getting to Yes”.
- Group work: brainstorm examples of conflicts that involved one theme from each of the stages mentioned in Erickson's theory. Each group works on a different stage.
- Each group writes a text describing 2 different perspectives regarding one conflict they decided on. e.g a conflict resulting from mistrust and another conflict resulting from feelings of inferiority. Each perspective and interpretation of the event is written on a different piece of paper. (both activities will take 30-40 minutes)
- The whole class is introduced to (or reviews) the 7 key elements of negotiation. 45 minutes
- Groups swap scenarios. The group is divided into 2 sub groups. Each sub group gets a different perspective. They prepare for the negotiation using the 7 elements preparation worksheet. 20 minutes
- Group reunites to carry out the negotiation. 15 minutes
- Reflection. 15 minutes
VOCABULARY / GRAMMAR
key terms from Erickson's theory, position vs interests, internal voice, values, legitimacy, options, commitment, the ladder of inference.
Students carrying the negotiation skills efficiently and easily
|Why don't we agree.pdf||Download|
- 45 Download
- 0.00 KB File Size
- 1 File Count
- July 13, 2019 Last Updated