- Download 578
- File Size 171.66 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date January 5, 2020
- Last Updated January 5, 2020
The Mysterious Voice
Students will guess and describe the speaker by hearing some lines about the figure or by reading a quote that the figure has stated. In order to make the game interactive, students will have several quotations from different characters.
The students will be able to:
- Distinguish between different perspectives.
- Compare and contrast
- Make connection between the discourse pattern and the character’s personality.
- Use new lexical items.
Lead-in / Preparation
- Students can watch a movie and then to have a worksheet with quotations.
- Students can have several characters’ quotations from their literature stories
- Students may hear a political debate without seeing the characters then they will rely on their previous knowledge to make a connection between the voice and the character.
Estimated Class-Time Required
It may take between 20-30 minutes
Description of Activities
The students should be divided into groups with different quotations.
The teacher can choose whether she/he wants to present a video or presents story or stories that the students have learned.
For example, if I choose the “Treasure of Lemon Brown,” which is a literary piece, I would teach the story and then through presenting the quotations students have to find who is the speaker and why they think so?
Key Vocabulary / Phrases
Words from the story “The Treasure of Lemon Brown”:
|depend on||תלוי ב|
|treasure wrapped in rags||אוצר העטוף בסמרטוטים|
- Students will use some new words to describe the character.
- Students will distinguish between two or more figures from the story.
- Students will be able to make connection between the characters and the quotes that belong to them.
Students can make a role play or a guessing game in front of their classmates.
For example: students can choose a figure from the story and to act it by rephrasing its quote in order to make the other students make a connection between the quote and the correct character/ speaker from the story.
|The Mysterious Voice.pdf||Download|