- Download 169
- File Size 88.05 KB
- File Count 1
- Create Date June 9, 2019
- Last Updated July 13, 2019
The Job Interview
- Students will be able to present their personal attributes to a future employer.
- Students will be familiarized with job applications procedures.
- Students will practice their speaking skills.
- Students will practice decision making and negotiation skills
TIME REQUIRED IN CLASSROOM
Allow 25 minutes for group forming, reading and filling forms.
LEAD-IN / PREP
- An empty resume form - To be filled by the student.
- The movie "Big " - The job interview scene.
- 2 cards with a company description.
- Students will watch the job interview scene from the movie "Big".
- The teacher will lead a short discussion about job interviews, what qualities do the students think are most important for an employee and what do employers look for.
- A short explanation about C.V/resume. Their content, importance and usage.
- Divide the class into 4 groups. Two groups will be the employers and the other two groups will play the applicants.
- Each employers group will receive a card containing the description of the company and its needs. The company is looking to hire a certain individual to a specific role.
- When students have finished reading, preparing and filling in the forms, the interviews would begin.
- Each applicant should decide which job to apply to first.
- The students’ objective is to hire the right person for the job/To be hired for the job (depending on the role they will be playing).
- Once every student has been interviewed, the roles are changed and the interviews continue.
VOCABULARY / GRAMMAR
interest, needs, goals, motivation, options, agreement, skills, qualifications, team, resume.
|The Job Interview.pdf||Download|