Who doesn’t know the famous fairy tale about a sweet little girl, her grandmother and a vicious big bad wolf?
Retell the story in your own words in about 10-12 sentences.
From whose perspective is your story told?
Name the positive characters (for example, the girl, her mother, the lumberjack).
What, in your opinion, makes the story so frightening?
- A lonely little girl in a vast forest
- A huge lumberjack with a big axe
- A helpless grandmother
- The blood-thirsty wolf
What is the story major conflict?
- Between good and evil
- Between people and nature
- Justice and injustice
- Between young and old generations
Do you think the end of the story is ___________________ ?
Do you believe it is an appropriate good night story for little kids?
If this fairy tale were presented by another character (the granny, the lumberjack , the wolf), would it bear the same message?
Note: one and the same story, situation, character may be described from various viewpoints/perspectives which might significantly affect our opinions, attitudes and perception.
The ability to identify different points of view- DISTINGUISHING DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES- is an important thinking skill in understanding and appreciating literature.
Attached is the story "The Maligned Wolf" which depicts the events in a totally different light.
First, complete the passage by using the verbs in brackets on one of the PAST TENSES.
Then applying the High Order Thinking Skill of Comparing and Contrasting, point out the similarities and differences between the traditional version of the tale and the one told by the wolf.
Similarities/points in common: characters, setting (the time and place of the action), outfit etc.
Differences: central conflict, motives, resolution, end.
- Rewrite the parts of the story in the form of a dialogue.
- The conversation between the wolf and the girl on the trail in the forest.
- The conversation between the wolf and the grandmother before the girl's arrival.
- The conversation between the Little Red Riding Hood and her grandmother in which the wolf's real intentions were revealed.
|Distinguishing Different Perspectives in the Big Bad Wolf.pdf||Download|
- 12 Download
- 116.74 KB File Size
- 1 File Count
- July 13, 2019 Last Updated